Thursday, June 9, 2011

How was I "Lucky Enough" to Receive an Amazon Kindle

Of course, I had heard of the Kindle already. But I hadn't checked it out yet. So luckily for me, my birthday rolls around once more this May and my wife is thinking "I wonder what Bob wants."

Then a teacher who she works with Chris "happens" to find out that she is in the market for getting me a birthday present. The teacher asks does Bob like to read and my wife replies yes he does. So the teacher pulls out her Kindle and explains some of its many features and why she loves hers.


Some backstory: my wife and I have shared a love of books and reading since we first met forty years ago (yes, we sometimes went to the library together). The major feature that appeals to my wife is the ability to "enlarge the font size" of reading materials. Why? Because of my occasional poor vision and eye surgeries in past years and my desire to continue reading.

Chris asks me if I want a Kindle; I go on-line to research it and ask around from people in town. What I find out about the Kindle amazes me. Now, I barely put my Kindle down during the day unless circumstances dictate.

The Kindle allows me to continue my passion for books, reading, research, and sharing ideas on-line. Here at Things Kindle I would like to share my discoveries on the Kindle so far and hopefully find out in comments what you like about it.

Shall we proceed?  o(*J*)o

No comments:

Post a Comment